Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Original 2/18/10 - Humor in creativity

2/18/10

The best work-the most satisfying work and the most productive work is fun.

Thomas Edison

Today we talked about humor in creativity, and I think this quote is SO true. Who wants creativity that's boring or lame? It's so much more important to enjoy the gifts we've been given! I love that God made stuff like this FUN instead of just a duty or even a meaningless part of life. Here's another quote:

When you grow old, you don’t stop playing-
It’s when you stop
playing that you
grow old.

I love this quote! I always laugh because my dad is 47 and still plays with my younger siblings all the time. My 94-year-old great grandmother goes line dancing for fun! I think creative people have FUN. This was my favorite lecture so far!!